University German Language Prep Program
In order to be accepted to an Austrian university you need to proof that your German knowledge corresponds to the B2 level according to the CEFR. If you did not yet have the chance to acquire the necessary language skills in your home country, you can improve your German directly in Vienna, Austria. In our experience, it is realistic for a determined learner to reach B2 level (if starting with A2) after an intensive study period of 6 months (and thus, approx. 400 hours of classroom study). This means, in 6 months you can cover a maximum of three CEFR levels, provided that you study on a daily basis.
At B2 level, you can:
- understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native and non-native speakers possible
- produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options
This University German Language Preparation Program focuses on the progressive development of all 4 skills including reading, listening, speaking and writing. The curriculum has been tailored to be relevant and interesting to young adults. Based on our long-standing experience we provide all materials.
Extra Tutorials/Counseling Sessions
Apart from your regular participation in your Intensive German Language Course from Monday to Thursday from 9-12 am, you will have a 30 minutes individual tutorial every two weeks. This is to make sure that you are making the necessary learning progress and that you are applying the right learning strategies. Your teacher will sit down with you, and you can ask all the questions you want. The idea is to provide you with extra guidance to master all your personal challenges.
Extra Grammar Booster
After completing the entire A2 level you will participate in our 5-day grammar booster course to help you bridge the gap between basic (A2) and independent (B1) speaker. In this course, you will repeat and train all key areas of German Grammar until you feel confident. You will visit another grammar booster course after you completed the entire B1 level. We will then support you to pass your B2 ÖSD examination, which is required for university admission. All examination costs and the certificate are included in the course price.
If you decide to go this very effective way it is important to follow the procedure described below:
- Do NOT apply for university admission yet;
- Apply for the INNES university preparation course by sending an email with all relevant data to email@example.com;
- After booking this course online through our site, we issue an invitation letter, which will facilitate your application for a 6 months visitors visa (type D)
(NOTE: To get this visa, you need to prove to the Austrian embassy in your home country that you have sufficiant funds to cover your cost of living during your entire stay. Together with our invitation letter, you will most likely have to fill in this following form.
- We will support you to book your place in a local student residence;
- After completing all your Intensive German Language Courses, your Tutorials, and Grammar Booster courses, you do the ÖSD B2 Exam at our test center. With this exam, you can then officially enter most Bachelor or Master programs in Austria.
- Apply for university admission about 6 months before the beginning of your studies.
What does your university preparation course at INNES Institute include?- 6 Intensive courses spanning a period of 6 months (you can start with A1 or A2 level)
- 30 minutes personal tutorial every two weeks
- 2 one week Grammar Booster Courses (A2 and B1)
- one week ÖSD prep course
- ÖSD examination and certificate
- Friendly and supportive staff to help you navigating Vienna life
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
TOTAL COSTS: EUR 3.500
- 3 levels in 6 months
- incl. ÖSD examination and prep course
- flexible starting dates
- 30 min tutorial every two weeks
- Grammar booster courses