University German Language Prep Program
- 3 levels in 6 months
- ÖSD examination and prep course
- flexible starting dates
- Personal Tutorials
- Grammar booster courses
Learn German in Vienna to study at an Austrian University!
In order to be accepted to an Austrian university you need to prove that your German language knowledge corresponds to B2 level according to the CEFR. If you did not yet have the chance to acquire the necessary German language skills in your home country, you can learn German directly in the city center of Vienna, Austria! This University German Language Preparation Program contains everything you need to get started with University in Austria or in Germany:
6 Intensive German Language
a period of 6 months (you can start with any level)
- 30 minutes personal tutorial every two weeks
- 2 x 5-day German Grammar Booster Courses (A2 and B1)
- 5-day ÖSD Preparation Course
- ÖSD exam and certificate
- Support with finding accommodation and navigating life in Vienna
- Deciding for the University German Language Preparation Program means that you join an international community of German learners who love to learn and expand their opportunities in life. Expect high academic standards, qualified and dedicated teachers, excellent methods and materials, as well as a pleasant and focused learning space in the center of Vienna. Compared to other mainstream institutions preparing international students’ German for university, with INNES you can count on a personalised treatment and constant support.
Content I Method
At the central part of your University German Language Preparation Program in Vienna, you will take a sequence of 6 Intensive German Language Courses. These courses take place every month, always from Monday to Thursday, 3 hours each day.
A typical Intensive German Language Course helps you to learn German in
the following ways:
- you develop all five skills, including listening, reading, speaking, writing and interacting
- you improve your communicative effectiveness in German
- you expand your German vocabulary
- you study and train your German grammar
- you turn into a fluent and confident communicator with local knowledge
In our experience, it is realistic for a determined learner to reach C1 level (if starting with B1) after an intensive study period of 6 months (and thus, approx. 400 hours of classroom study). This means, in 6 months you can cover a maximum of three CEFR levels (B1-B2-C1), provided that you study on a daily basis.
At B2 level, you can
- understand the main ideas of complex text in German on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialization
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native and non-native German speakers possible
- produce clear, detailed text in German on a wide range of subjects, argumentative writing
At INNES, quality and professionality matter. We work exclusively with qualified and passionate teachers, first-class materials and dynamic and engaging methods so that you can learn German in a personalised way. All German teachers are using communication-oriented and interactive methods that allow students to be constantly active and experiment with new language. Our teachers will create regular tests for you, in order to guarantee your learning progress. The curriculum has been tailored to be relevant and interesting to young adults.
Because our students come from diverse international backgrounds, you not only learn German but you also improve your intercultural competence!
In your Intensive German Language Courses you will learn German by using a course book and a variety of specially selected supplemental materials. All material costs, as well as a printed certificate for each level, are included in your German language University Preparation package.
Which level is right for you? I Placement Test
Every month, we offer 9 Intensive German Language Course phases: A1/1, A1/2, A2/1, A2/2, B1/1, B1/2, B2/1, B2/2, C1.1 and C1.2. If you are not sure which course level is appropriate for you, simply complete this placement placement test. If you are still not sure, talk to us! Email us at [email protected], give us a call at +43 1 890 65 85, or stop by our institute.
Registration Process Step-by-step
1. Email us at [email protected] or give us a call at +43 1 890 65 85 with following information:- Course level you would like to start with?
- When do you want to start (month)?
- Name and Address
2. Payment and Cost. The total cost of the University German Language Preparation Program is EUR 3.500 ,-
3. Visa invitation letter if applicable. After we have received the program fee, we issue an
invitation letter, which will facilitate your application for a visitor’s visa (type D)
(NOTE: To get this visa, you need to prove to the Austrian embassy in
your home country that you have sufficient funds to cover your cost of living
during your entire stay.)
If you want to take less than 6 months / courses please contact us at [email protected] to receive separate offer.
Advantages in taking our prep program
Extra support: Tutorials I Grammar I ÖSD
Apart from your regular participation in your Intensive German Language Course from Monday to Thursday from 9-12 am, you will have a 30 minutes individual tutorial every two weeks. This is to make sure that you are making the necessary learning progress and that you are applying the right learning strategies. Your German teacher will sit down with you, and you can ask all the questions you want.
German Grammar Booster
To learn German Grammar even more intensively, you will participate in two 5-day German Grammar Booster courses to systematically repeat, train and strengthen the core grammar points of A2 or B1 level, during 2 hours each day. Boosting your German grammar helps you to apply important grammatical structures into your everyday communication habits.
ÖSD Exam preparation course & ExamDuring 5 days (2 hours each day) you train everything that is needed to prepare you for the "ÖSD-way-of-thinking”. Equipped with all necessary test strategies and having run through various sample tests, you can arrive at your ÖSD exam with a relaxed smile. You can take the ÖSD exam directly at INNES.
You are additionally strongly advised to check all details with the embassy before arriving.