University German Language Prep Program
- 6 levels in 6 months
- ÖSD C1 Exam and Prep Workshop
- Flexible starting dates
- Personal Tutorials
- University Preparation
Learn German in Vienna to study at an Austrian University!
In order to be accepted to an Austrian university you need to prove that your German language knowledge corresponds to C1 level (some universities still request B2) according to the CEFR. If you did not yet have the chance to acquire the necessary German language skills in your home country, you can learn German directly in the city center of Vienna, Austria! This University German Language Preparation Program contains everything you need to get started with University in Austria or in Germany:
- 6 Intensive German Language Courses over a period of 6 months (you can start with any level) - if you need more than 6, we will make an extra offering
- 30 minutes personal tutorial every two weeks
- 2-day ÖSD Preparation Workshop
- ÖSD exam and certificate for your targeted level
- Course book included
- Support with finding accommodation and navigating life in Vienna
Deciding for the University German Language Preparation Program means that you join an international community of German learners who love to learn and expand their opportunities in life. Expect high academic standards, qualified and dedicated teachers, excellent methods and materials, as well as a pleasant and focused learning space in the center of Vienna. Compared to other mainstream institutions preparing international students’ German for university, with INNES you can count on a personalised treatment and constant support.
Content I Method
At the central part of your University German Language Preparation Program in Vienna, you will take a sequence of 6 Intensive German Language Courses. These courses take place every month, always from Monday to Thursday, 3 hours each day.
A typical Intensive German Language Course helps you to learn German inthe following ways:
- you develop all five skills, including listening, reading, speaking, writingand interacting
- you improve your communicative effectiveness in German
- you expand your German vocabulary
- you study and train your German grammar
- you turn into a fluent and confident communicator with local knowledge
In our experience, it is realistic for a determined learner to reach C1level (if starting with B1) after an intensive study period of 6 months (andthus, approx. 400 hours of classroom study). This means, in 6 months you can cover a maximum of three CEFR levels (B1-B2-C1), provided that you study on a daily basis.
At C1 level, you can
- Understand with ease virtually everything heard or read, including a wide range of demanding, longer clauses
- Recognize implicit meaning
- Summarize information from different spoken and written sources and construct arguments in a coherent presentation
- Express yourself spontaneously, fluently and precisely without much obvious searching for expressions
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- Write clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices
At INNES, quality and professionality matter. We work exclusively with qualified and passionate teachers, first-class materials and dynamic and engaging methods so that you can learn German in a personalised way. All German teachers are using communicative and interactive methods that allow students to be constantly active and experiment with new language. Our teachers will create regular tests for you, in order to guarantee your learning progress. The curriculum has been tailored to be relevant and interesting to young adults.
In your Intensive German Language Courses you will learn German by using acourse book and a variety of specially selected supplemental materials. All material costs, as well as a printed certificate for each level, are included in your German language University Preparation package.
Which level is right for you? I Placement Test
Every month, we offer 9 Intensive German Language Course phases: A1/1, A1/2, A2/1, A2/2, B1/1, B1/2, B2/1, B2/2, C1.1 and C1.2. If youare not sure which course level is appropriate for you, simply complete this placement placement test. If you are still not sure, talk to us! Emailus at [email protected], give us a call at +43 1 890 65 85, or stop by ourinstitute.
NOTE: University Perparation Program is open to all students who are already in Austria or who do not need visa for Austria as well as for those who can enter without visa for 3 months (USA, Japan and some countries more)
Registration Process Step-by-step
1. First contact
Email us at [email protected] or give us a call at +43 1 890 65 85 with following information:- Course level you would like to start with?
- When do you want to start (month)?
- Name and Address
2. Payment and cost
The total cost of the University German Language Preparation Program with 6 courses is EUR 3.500 ,-
After completing all your Intensive German Language Courses and your Tutorials, you finish with the ÖSD Exam at our test center. With this exam, you can then officially matriculate for most Bachelor or Master programs in Austria. If you want to take less than 6 months / courses please contact us at [email protected] to receive a separate offer.
Advantages in taking our preparation program
- You can start every month
- Fast progress
- Individual support and guidance
- Individual study plan and progress report
Apart from your regular participation in your Intensive German Language Course from Monday to Thursday from 9:15-12am, you will have a 30 minutes individual tutorial every two weeks. This is to make sure that you are making the necessary learning progress and that you are applying the right learning strategies. Your German teacher will sit down with you, and you can ask all the questions you want.
ÖSD Exam preparation course & Exam