University German Language Prep Program
- 3 levels in 6 months
- ÖSD C1 Exam and Prep Workshop
- Flexible starting dates
- Personal Tutorials
- Grammar Booster Courses
Learn German in Vienna to study at an Austrian University!
In order to be accepted to an Austrian university you need to prove that your German language knowledge corresponds to C1 level according to the CEFR. If you did not yet have the chance to acquire the necessary German language skills in your home country, you can learn German directly in the city center of Vienna, Austria! This University German Language Preparation Program contains everything you need to get started with University in Austria or in Germany:
- 6 Intensive German LanguageCourses overa period of 6 months (you can start with any level)
- 30 minutes personal tutorial every two weeks
- 2 x 5-day German Grammar Booster Courses (A2 and B1)
- 2-day ÖSD C1 Preparation Workshop
- ÖSD C1 exam and certificate
- Course book included
- Support with finding accommodation and navigating life in Vienna
Deciding for the University GermanLanguage Preparation Program means that you join an international community of German learners who love to learn and expand their opportunities in life. Expect high academic standards, qualified and dedicated teachers, excellent methods and materials, as well as a pleasant and focused learning space in thecenter of Vienna. Compared to other mainstream institutions preparing international students’ German for university, with INNES you can count on apersonalised treatment and constant support.
Content I Method
At the central part of your University German Language Preparation Program in Vienna, you will take a sequence of 6 Intensive German Language Courses. These courses take place every month, always from Monday to Thursday, 3 hours each day.
A typical Intensive German Language Course helps you to learn German inthe following ways:
- you develop all five skills, including listening, reading, speaking, writingand interacting
- you improve your communicative effectiveness in German
- you expand your German vocabulary
- you study and train your German grammar
- you turn into a fluent and confident communicator with local knowledge
In our experience, it is realistic for a determined learner to reach C1level (if starting with B1) after an intensive study period of 6 months (andthus, approx. 400 hours of classroom study). This means, in 6 months you can cover a maximum of three CEFR levels (B1-B2-C1), provided that you study on a daily basis.
At C1 level, you can
- Understand with ease virtually everything heard or read, including a wide range of demanding, longer clauses
- Recognize implicit meaning
- Summarize information from different spoken and written sources and construct arguments in a coherent presentation
- Express yourself spontaneously, fluently and precisely without much obvious searching for expressions
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- Write clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices
At INNES, quality and professionality matter. We work exclusively with qualified and passionate teachers, first-class materials and dynamic and engaging methods so that you can learn German in a personalised way. All German teachers are using communicative and interactive methods that allow students to be constantly active and experiment with new language. Our teachers will create regular tests for you, in order to guaranteeyour learning progress. The curriculum has been tailored to be relevant and interesting to young adults.
In your Intensive German Language Courses you will learn German by using acourse book and a variety of specially selected supplemental materials. Allmaterial costs, as well as a printed certificate for each level, are includedin your German language University Preparation package.
Which level is right for you? I Placement Test
Every month, we offer 9 Intensive German Language Course phases: A1/1, A1/2, A2/1, A2/2, B1/1, B1/2, B2/1, B2/2, C1.1 and C1.2. If youare not sure which course level is appropriate for you, simply complete this placement placement test. If you are still not sure, talk to us! Emailus at [email protected], give us a call at +43 1 890 65 85, or stop by ourinstitute.
Registration Process Step-by-step
1. First contact
Email us at [email protected] or give us a call at +43 1 890 65 85 with following information:- Course level you would like to start with?
- When do you want to start (month)?
- Name and Address
2. Payment and cost
The total cost of the University German Language Preparation Program is EUR 3.500 ,-
3. Visa invitation letter
After we have received the program fee, we issue an invitation letter, which will facilitate your application for a visitor’s visa (type D) (NOTE: To get this visa, you need to prove to the Austrian embassy inyour home country that you have sufficient funds to cover your cost of livingduring your entire stay.)
After completing all your Intensive German Language Courses, your Tutorials, and German Grammar Booster courses, you finish with the ÖSD Exam at our test center. With this exam, you can then officially matriculate for most Bachelor or Master programs in Austria. If you want to take less than 6 months / courses please contact us at [email protected] to receive a separate offer.
Advantages in taking our prep program
- You can start every month
- Fast progress
- Individual support and guidance
- Individual study plan and progress report
Apart from your regular participation inyour Intensive German Language Course from Monday to Thursday from 9-12am, you will have a 30 minutes individual tutorial every two weeks. This is tomake sure that you are making the necessary learning progress and that you areapplying the right learning strategies. Your German teacher will sit down withyou, and you can ask all the questions you want.
German Grammar Booster
To learn German Grammar even more intensively, you will participate in two 5-day German Grammar Booster courses to systematically repeat, train and strengthen the core grammar points of A2 or B1 level, during 2 hours each day. Boosting your German grammar helps you to apply important grammatical structures into your everyday communication habits.
ÖSD Exam preparation course & ExamDuring 2 days (3 hours each day) you train everything that is needed to prepare you for the "ÖSD-way-of-thinking”. Equipped with all necessary test strategies and having run through various sample tests, you can arrive at your ÖSD exam with a relaxed smile. You can take the ÖSD exam directly at INNES.
You are additionally strongly advised to check all details with the embassy before arriving.