University Prep Program
In order to be accepted to an Austrian university you need to give proof that your German knowledge corresponds to the B2 level according to the CEFR. If you didn’t have the chance to acquire the necessary language skills in your home country, you can improve your German directly in Vienna, Austria. In our experience, it is realistic for a determined learner to reach B2 level (if starting with A2) after a intensive study period of 6 months (and thus, approx. 400 hours of classroom study).
At B2 level, you can:
- understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native and non-native speakers possible
- produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options
This University Prep Course focuses on the progressive development of all 4 skills including reading, writing, speaking and listening. It has been tailored to be relevant and interesting to young adults. Based on our long-standing experience we provide all materials.
Apart from your regular participation in our Intensive Courses from Monday to Thursday from 9-12 am, you will have a 30 minutes individual tutorial per week. This is to make sure that you are making the necessary learning progress and to support you with all bureaucratic paperwork challenges. After completing the entire A2 level you will additionally participate in our 5-day grammar booster course to help you bridge the gap between basic (A2) and independent (B1) speaker. In this course, you will repeat and train all key areas of German Grammar until you feel confident. You will visit another grammar booster course after you completed the entire B1 level. We will then support you to pass your B1 or B2 ÖSD examination, which is required for university admission. Examination and certificate are included in the course price.
If you decide to go this very effective way it is important to follow the procedure described below:
- Do NOT apply for university admission yet;
- Apply for the INNES university preparation course by sending an email with all relevant data to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- After booking this course, you apply for the 6 months visitors visa (the invitation letter is issued by INNES, it will help you to quickly and efficiently process your visa);
- We will support you to book your place in a student residence;
- Apply for university admission about 6 months before the beginning of your studies.
What does your university preparation course at INNES Institute include?
- 6 Intensive courses spanning a period of 6 months
(A2.1, A2.2, B1.1, B1.2, B2.1, B2.2)
- 30 minutes personal tutorial each week
- 2 Grammar Booster Courses (A2 and B1)
- ÖSD examination and certificate
- All course materials
- Friendly and supportive staff to help you navigating Vienna life
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
TOTAL COSTS: EUR 2.150
- A2 to B2 level in 6 months
- incl. ÖSD examination
- Flexible starting dates
- 30 min tutorial every week
- Grammar booster courses